On April 9th 2014, Dove Global revealed a first-of-its-kind social experiment in the form of a short film called Dove: Patches.
The global campaign just bagged a Bronze Lion at the Cannes Lions- the world’s most prestigious marketing & creativity awards festival. The win was for the Media: Digital & Social category, for use of social platforms.
The documentary was revealed globally in 66 countries including Pakistan. At the launch event held at Verde Bistro Cafe to illustrate the Social Experiment, notable bloggers and influencers were invited among successful women who encapsulate the terms ‘beauty’ and ‘strength’.
The Digital PR Campaign for the Pakistan launch was managed by Creative Chaos and the on ground activation for the launch event was handled by Bulls Eye 360.
Results and Effectiveness:
- #3 most watched online commercial
- 100 million YouTube views
- More views than Real Beauty Sketches and Camera Shy after 5 days
- Seen by 1 in 12 FB users
- Featured on the Today Show and Huff Post
- Articles across Time, Wall Street Journal, Mashable, Forbes, and AOL.com
- 640K shares on Facebook
- 20+ million Twitter impressions
- 1,039,174 views from Pakistan
- 5.7 Million Twitter Impressions from Pakistan
- #BeautyIs hashtag trended in Pakistan for 48 hours after the launch
- Talked about on major Pakistani blogs
- 576,000 Pakistanis engaged on Facebook
- 25,000+ Shares on Facebook
- Radio Coverage on City FM 89
The communication strategy was centered on engaging with bloggers and Key Opinion Influencers, coupled with engagement campaigns on Social Media Platforms. With the help of these influencers, Dove helped women realize that ‘Beauty is a state of mind’.
I’m extremely overjoyed to have executed the Digital Campaign with my team from Creative Chaos for Dove Pakistan. Thank you everyone who helped make this an achievement. Especially the bloggers and tweeps 🙂